Saturday, August 8, 2009

I Love/Hate You.

I have always been a fan and loyal shopper at Urban Outfitters, but they're beginning to piss me off. Back in December I bought some beautiful and very unique place mats at a little boutique in Brooklyn. I was so excited about them and the fact that nobody else would have them. Then several months later, I walk into Urban, and guess what they're selling (for about twice the price that I paid)...my place mats. I was mad, but decided to get over it. It was only only thing, and a small thing that I'd most likely forget about within a few days. Well yesterday I was reminded of it when I walked in there again. This time it wasn't the place mats, it was art. Ryan and I began collecting art when we were in New York because we had a lot of friends that were artists. We once again were excited that we would have unique pieces to display. We bought 5 prints at the Brooklyn Flea Market, and couldn't wait to hang them on the wall when we got home. So yesterday as I was browsing the sale section (because I can't afford the regular-priced items), guess what I saw hanging on the wall in very ornate frames...2 of the 5 prints that we purchased in Brooklyn! I stood there with my mouth wide open for at least 3 minutes. Somebody finally said "Excuse Me", so I had to move. As I turned to leave the store (because I was so mad) I ran into another little arrangement of soap and candles on a table. Once again, I saw something they stole. There on the table of soap and candles, I saw Dr. Bronners Peppermint Soap. My brother introduced me to this soap at least 5 years ago. We have both loved it and used it since. We have taken pride in the fact that we smell like peppermints and that we found a soap that can not only be used as body wash, but also as toothpaste, car washing soap, laundry detergent, and even household cleaner. Now it can be purchased at Urban Outfitters. Of course you'll be paying around $10 for bottle of it, and if you buy it at Drug Emporium in Abilene, Tx it will only cost you a couple of dollars.

As much as I hate the fact that Urban keeps taking my ideas and selling them for much more than they deserve, I'm considering applying to be a buyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment